Patient Privacy Notice
Patient Privacy Notice
Effective: September 2021
- Why do we use your data? We use information about you for the purpose of providing you with our healthcare services. Sensitive data, such as health information, racial and ethnic origin, sexual orientation, and religion, may be used as a patient.
- Sharing data: We may share your data with third parties, including other healthcare providers, your GP, statutory bodies regulating your care, and other involved agencies.
- Security: We respect the security of your data and treat it in accordance with the law.
- International transfer: With your express consent, we may transfer data to international medical providers.
Health Choices Global Limited, trading as ORO Mental Health, respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal data. This privacy notice explains how we handle patient personal data, outlines your privacy rights, and details how the law protects you.
Please refer to the Glossary for explanations of terms used in this privacy notice.
Important Information and Who We Are:
- Explanation of Data Collection: Under the General Data Protection Regulation and Data Protection Act 2018, we explain to patients why we collect information, how we intend to use it, and whether we will share it with others.
- Applicability: This statement applies to all patients and prospective patients.
- Updates: We may update this statement, and patients will be provided with a new privacy statement for substantial updates.
- Reading and Informing: It's essential to read this statement and inform us of any changes to your personal information to maintain accuracy.
- Data Controller: Health Choices Global Limited is the data controller responsible for deciding how personal information is used.
- Legal Entity: Health Choices Global Limited, registered in England and Wales under company number 10941962.
- Registered Address: Kemp House, 160 City Road, London, EC1V 2NX.
- Correspondence Address: 2 Harley Street, London, W1G 9PA.
- Complaints: You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) before approaching the ICO.
Why Are We Collecting Your Information?
- Purpose: We collect information to ensure the provision of the best healthcare services to our patients.
- Legal Basis: Data collection is necessary for the performance of our contract with patients, legal/regulatory obligations, legitimate interests, and protection of vital interests.
Types of Personal Information We Use:
- Personal details, contact details, financial information, next of kin information, information about other healthcare providers, and video/photographs.
- Special categories of personal data, including racial or ethnic origin, religious beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, and healthcare information.
- We use anonymized and aggregated data for internal and marketing purposes, derived from personal data but not revealing identity.
Source of Your Personal Information:
- Information is obtained directly from patients, friends/relatives, employers, and other healthcare professionals.
How and Why We Use Your Personal Data:
- Various purposes, including provision of care, finance, administration, analysis, complaints handling, safeguarding, regulation, communication, marketing, service improvement, and security.
- Lawful bases include the necessity of contract performance, legitimate interests, legal/regulatory obligations, protection of vital interests, and explicit consent for special categories of data.
Complying With Data Protection Law:
- We adhere to data protection principles, ensuring lawful, fair, and transparent use of personal information.
Sharing Your Information:
- Personal data may be shared with healthcare providers, delivery services, employers, regulators, law enforcement, IT service providers, attorneys, and next of kin.
- Regular GP sharing requires explicit patient consent.
Transferring Information Outside the EU:
- For international medical assistance, patient consent may involve transferring data outside the EEA.
- Safeguards ensure data protection during transfers.
Can We Use Your Information for Any Other Purpose?
- Personal information is typically used for the collected purposes. Any new purposes will be communicated before implementation.
- Other uses may be allowed by law.
Storing Your Information and Deleting It:
- Personal information is retained as long as necessary for lawful purposes.
- Secure destruction follows when no longer needed, following our data retention policy.
- Patients have the right to access, correct, erase, object, restrict processing, and request data transfer.
- Requests should be made to our Data Protection Officer in writing.
Right to Withdraw Consent:
- Consent withdrawal is possible where consent is the lawful basis. Withdrawal does not affect prior lawful processing.
Automated Decision Making:
- Patients are not subject to significant automated decision-making impacts.
Right to Complain to the ICO:
- Patients can complain to the ICO if dissatisfied. Contact ICO at Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF.
Health Choices Global is a global organization operating under the name ORO, specializing in mental health. Correspondence Address: 2 Harley Street, London, W1G 9PA.